The Christian – 4 Titles in 1 by William S. Plumer
Sprinkle Publications. hb.
4 Book and 3 Pamphlets in 1.
The Christian is a delightful and encouraging work, describing twenty-seven facets of the Christian experience. It includes seven biographical chapters that put flesh on the didactic chapters. Altogether it is an excellent, succinct presentation on what it means to be a Christian. this treatise could serve the believer well as a daily devotional as well as an evangelistic tool to explain the experiential life of a Christian to the inquiring unbeliever.
Table of Contents:
1. The Christian Name
2. The Christian Profession
3. The Christian Life
4. The Christian Doctrine
5. The Christian Character – An Example
6. The Christian Simplicity
7. The Christian’s Way
8. The Christian’s Temptations
9. The Christian’s Victory over Temptations
10. The Christian’s View of Sin
11. The Christian’s Besetting Sins
12. The Christian’s Sense of Responsibility
13. The Christian’s Faith
14. Why Do I Rest Confidently in Christ?
15. The Christian’s Hope
16. The Christian’s Trust
17. A Christian’s Good Resolutions
18. The Christian Lives by Rule
19. The Christian’s Enemies
20. The Christian’s Shepherd
21. The Christian’s Advocate
22. The Christian’s Earnest
23. The Christian’s Joy
24. The Christian’s Sorrow
25. The Christian’s Sorrow – More About It
26. The Christian’s Hatred of Error
27. The Christian’s Glorious Riches
28. Some Musings of an Old Christian
29. Letter to an Aged Christian
30. Death of an Old Disciple
31. A Great and Good Man
32. Another Great and Good Man
33. What Can I Do?
34. Posthumous Usefulness
False Doctrine and False Teachers: How to Know Them and How to Treat Them
False Doctrine and False Teachers is a faithful, scripturally based pamphlet. The nineteen applications on how to treat false teachers are very applicable to today and will help many sincere believers who struggle under ministries that do not feed their souls.
Assurance of Grace and Salvation
Assurance of Grace and Salvation is a pamphlet based on the Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 18. Plumer's eleven reasons why many believers lack assurance of faith are most helpful; they obviously flow from a pastoral and experienced heart.
Balm for Wounded Spirits
The longest pamphlet Balm for Wounded Spirits is a spiritual boon for the believer. Here is Plumer at his best, practically, and experientally...Plumer provides practical guidelines and helpful hints on how to spiritually gain from affliction ~ From the Preface
Table of Contents:
1. There are Many Wounded Spirits
2. Many Sources of Sorrow
3. Examples of Great Sufferers
4. Our Trials are from God
5. Behavior Under Sore Trials
6. Two Dangerous and Opposite Errors
7. Borrowing Trouble
8. The Fountain of Consolation
9. True Comforts
10. Benefits of Affliction
11. An Instructive Example